We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve won the award for Best Business Services at Leaders in Care 2021! The prestigious, national care sector prize, run by Care Home Professional and Home Care Insight, comes in acknowledgment of the wide range of support and initiatives we’ve worked to provide care homes across the country with over the coronavirus lockdown period.
The Best Business Services category award recognises the most supportive businesses providing training, recruitment, compliance, financial and legal advice, insurance and other services across the UK.
Across the last 12 months, we have pioneered new responses to help alleviate the impact of coronavirus on both the social care and health sectors and provide additional strategies to support care homes through this uniquely challenging period – all with the aim of ensuring continuity of good and outstanding care for residents and provide reassurance for their relatives.
What we have achieved
Initiatives created to help support care homes include:
- Implementing new models of care – Fulcrum created a step-down unit to release beds from hospitals, reactivating a mothballed unit in seven days, providing full management and staff to enable it to operate at maximum capacity (this was an initial 6-month contract extended by the CCG by a further 6 months.)
- Designing and managing ‘designated settings’ to look after Covid-positive patients and creating blueprints for a further two sites to relieve hospital pressures.
- Helped homes out of admission bans so they could admit residents from hospital, making more care beds available to relieve hospital pressures further.
- Providing interim management support for homes whose managers/senior teams were isolating – providing management cover within the same day to minimise disruption for residents.
- Simplified CQC, NHS and government guidance and disseminated information through free webinars, one-to-one consultancy and white papers.
- Led the field in creating a free infection control audit framework – helping care homes implement best practise to ensure residents’ and staff safety.
- Developed a free-to-use CQC data dashboard – Fulcrum’s interactive dashboard makes CQC data available in real time, enabling care homes to explore the data in different ways so that they can address potential areas to raise their standards of care and ensure continuity of care.
“I’m absolutely thrilled that we’ve won the Business Services award — it’s testament to all of the hard work and dedication that our passionate team of care consultants have given across the last 18 months to help strengthen care homes in such a challenging time for the sector,” said Tony Thiru, CEO of Fulcrum Care.
“We pride ourselves on having expert knowledge from a wide range of professional care backgrounds, which has allowed us to identify and deliver bespoke solutions for the individual needs of the care homes we work with to meet changing CQC regulations and ultimately improve their commercials.
“This has been a difficult year for everyone, but we applaud the resilience of everyone in the sector and look forward to continuing our support of care home providers and their staff.”
The full list of winners from the Leaders in Care Awards can be found here.