Are you ready for CQC’s new Emergency Support Framework?
On top of everything else you are dealing with during this pandemic, CQC will now be calling you to check how your care home is responding to the COVID-19 crisis.
Due to the pandemic, CQC has not been visiting and inspecting homes. Instead, from 4th May 2020, it has brought in its new Emergency Support Framework.
This involves a call of up to an hour, with follow-up calls if necessary. In the call, they will expect answers from you about how prepared you are and how you are managing with regard to:
- safe care and treatment
- staffing arrangements
- protection from abuse
- assurance processes, monitoring, and risk management
The CQC inspector can ask you to provide evidence about specific risks and issues. For this, you will be expected to share your screen or send evidence via email.
If CQC feels you are not managing during the COVID-19 crisis, they can inspect your home. Following an inspection, they can still use their processes to take regulatory enforcement actions with non-compliant homes.
CQC says it will prioritise care homes that they consider at “higher risk” but will contact nearly all care homes at some point during the pandemic.
Emergency Support Framework Power Hour
To help you to prepare for this video call, you can arrange a £99 Power Hour with a specialist Fulcrum care home consultant.
Here’s what you’ll get from your Power Hour:
- A one-hour interactive video conference call using Zoom
- Include as many of your senior management team as you want
- Advice on how to prepare for the CQC Emergency Support Framework call
- What you need to do to show CQC that you have prepared to meet all risks
- How to prove to CQC that you are managing
- A checklist of the evidence you can provide to CQC
- A chance to ask questions that are specific to your care home
- A personalised action plan, sent after the call
- A recording of the session, provided afterwards, in case you want to revisit any of the advice
How to book your Power Hour
Click here or on any of the buttons on this page to book your £99 Emergency Support Framework Power Hour.
You can choose from the available time slots and book your one-hour session at a time that suits you and your team. Once you’ve paid, you will receive details on how to join the video call and what you need to prepare in advance of our call so that you get the most out of it.
The Fulcrum Emergency Support Framework Power Hour costs £99, including VAT.