Providing the support for buying a care home
Owning a social care home is not as simple as having the right funding to invest.
There are a variety of different factors and requirements that must be met before a care home can become operational. Fulcrum Care was approached to help manage the successful purchase and transfer of a care home that met all of the care sector standards.
What issue did the care home have?
We were approached by someone who was interested in purchasing a care home, but needed to give potential funders confidence that it was operationally sound, with the right care management systems in place.
By having the expertise of a third-party care consultancy evaluate the care home, the funders had confidence that proper compliance was being met and were happy to invest in the care home.
How did Fulcrum Care help?
The first step our experienced care consultants carry out for any of our clients looking to invest in a new care home is to prepare a comprehensive report and carry out a mock inspection. This includes prioritising the actions and recommendations needed to ensure that the proper care management procedures are being carried out, Care Quality Commission (CQC) requirements are being met and a high standard of care is being provided. By identifying and highlighting areas of improvement, the care home owner was able to implement the right systems and training needed to create a sustainable and safe environment for their residents, as well as protect the commercial interests of their investors.
What were the results for the care home?
By having the expertise of a third-party care consultancy evaluate the care home, the funders had confidence that proper compliance was being met and were happy to invest in the care home. The provider was also given access and support to all of the tools they would need to create a sustainable, quality care environment for their residents, as well as demonstrate Good Governance in upcoming CQC inspections, removing the pressures that come with setting up a new care home service from day one.
Why should you consider care consultancy for your care home?
Although you may have full trust and confidence in your care home management team, there are a whole host of benefits to having an experienced care consultant visit your care home. The CQC frequently updates its guidelines for compliance, so having an experienced care consultant to support your care staff can help ensure the best standards of care. This includes:
- Giving confidence to the regulators. Having third-party, experienced care consultants evaluating your audits assures the CQC and care home funders that their standards are being upheld
- Preventing care home closures. Immediate crisis management that brings new balance and stability for care home owners, providers and managers
- Support for residents and care home staff. Evaluation of systems and training that bring positive changes for your team and their methods of delivering quality care
- Managing care home turnarounds. Helping your care home implement new systems that can improve your CQC rating
- Optimising recruitment and occupancy. Whether it’s improving your staff or occupancy retention, recruitment or more, we can help you optimise your messaging and approach (discover key tips in our free eBrochure, Recruitment and Occupancy: How to win the key battles for care homes in 2022)
If you’re a care home owner, provider or manager who would like expert advice on how we can help support your care home, then book a free 15-minute 121 with us.