Head of Quality
0330 818 9888
Karen has been a Registered nurse with over 25 years’ experience in social care including younger adults and learning disabilities worked across all parts of the country.
Karen has been a Registered nurse with over 25 years’ experience in social care including younger adults and learning disabilities worked across all parts of the country. Previously Clinical Director and Chief Nurse for a large care provider. Experienced in large digital transformation projects, quality assurance and improvement, regulatory and clinical issues directly affecting care homes.
Karen has led on large scale change management programmes and multiple projects within the clinical and quality assurance fields. Karen is an expert in creating and implementing solution focussed initiatives to complex health challenges, having worked across all regulatory regimes and partnered CQC, CI, CIW and been responsible for ensuring safeguarding and clinical protocols are in place, fit for purpose and regularly updated.
Areas of Expertise
- CQC, CI, and CIW regulations
- Implement robust governance systems
- Developing and implementing Policies
- Clinical risk Monitoring
- Support Service including turnaround, operational review and clinical data management
- Root cause analysis
- insurance claims and serious complaints investigations
- Support Turnarounds
- Developing dementia care learning package
- Care Planning
- Diploma in Health Care- Adult Nursing
- Registered Managers award
- SVQ level 4 management
- A collaborative approach to health promotion in early stage dementia
- RCNI Evidence based approach intramuscular injection technique:
- RCNI Appetite decline and management in older people: RCNI