The shortlist for the 2021 Leaders in Care Awards has been announced – and we’re delighted that we have been shortlisted for Business Services. Run by Care Home Professional and Home Care Insight to acknowledge and celebrate the achievements of UK care providers and suppliers over the past year, we’re thrilled to have been selected as a finalist. We’re looking forward to celebrating with other industry leaders, particularly after all the challenges of the last 18 months, at the awards ceremony on 13th October 2021, at the National Conference Centre in Solihull.
The previous 18 months have been amongst the hardest the care sector has ever had to endure, forcing many care home providers, management teams and owners to adapt their service to meet new CQC regulations. This has also made it more important than ever to provide expert support and consultancy that is tailored to both the unique and changing needs of care home clients across the UK.
Fulcrum Care has been recognised for its role in providing dedicated guidance and initiative in compliance, training and improving care home commercials and occupancy rates across the 2020 period.
Tony Thiru, CEO at Fulcrum Care, says: “It’s an honour to be both recognised and shortlisted as a leader in the Business Services award this year.
“As a team, we have been working tirelessly to bring positive, lasting support to the sector, and help our care home clients weather the challenges of the pandemic — in some cases, even coming out stronger with tailored management systems that have improved their model of care!
“I wish the best of luck to all of our colleagues at the October ceremony.”
Amongst some of the reasons for our successful nomination, are:
- Implementing new models of care
- Designing and managing ‘designated settings’ to look after Covid-positive patients and creating blueprints for a further two sites – relieving hospital pressures.
- Helping homes out of admission bans so they could admit residents from hospital, making more care beds available to relieve hospital pressures.
- Providing in-home management support for homes whose managers/senior teams were isolating – providing management cover within the same day to minimise disruption for residents.
- Simplified CQC, NHS and government guidance and disseminated information through free webinars, one-to-one consultancy and white papers.
- Led the field in creating a free infection control audit framework – helping care homes implement best practise to ensure both residents’ and staff’s safety.
- Developing a free-to-use CQC data dashboard – our interactive dashboard makes CQC data available in real time, enabling care homes to explore the data in different ways so they can address potential areas to raise their standards of care and ensure continuity of care.
If you would like individual and expert advice that is tailored to the unique needs of your care home, then book a free 15-minute 121 with us.